Anyone in Germany heard of the U.S. Divers Club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwiest12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am residing in Germany and I am a fairly active diver, I dive year round. While diving in the Murnersee (Scwarzenfeld) and the Kulkwitzersee (Leipzig) I have noticed several signs underwater from the U.S. Scuba club. I have been unable to find any information on this club and was wondering if anyone here had any information? PICT0017.jpg

Hey dwiest!

I am unable to find information about this club, too. But from what this sign apepars to me it seems to be a military organization, perhaps one that doesn´t exist (in this form) anymore (2008?) or simply doesn´t have an internet presentation. As you will know there are quite a lot of U.S. military bases in germany. I´ve contacted two guys who are pretty familiar with both, the german diving scene and the military but none had ever heard of this. Sorry, but maybe it´s simply like I suspect and the club has just changed name since back in 2008 or something alike.

I wil be diving in Kulkwitz during the upcoming weekend - there´s a chance I can gather some information on site though.

I know it was from 2008 but I saw something in post about a year an a half ago. Stupid me, I never followed up with. I am assuming it is not an online unit as well. Enjoy diving in Leipzig looks like vis should be great!

Thanks

I was stationed at Illesheim for 2 years and did a lot of traveling with 5 buddies. There's a small community of US Army divers over there. Try calling the PAO (public affairs office) at any one of the military installations over there. I'm positive they'll be able to point you in the right direction. If nothing else, you'll find new dive partners.

Spear fishing with SCUBA gear?! Punch yourself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom