Anyone heard of L&W compressors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was considering a Coltri MCH6 but heard from a friend that support for here is non-existent. Bauers cost too much. Found L&W on the web but have never heard of this brand.

Anyone has experience with these compressors, particularly the LW 100 E1 model?

I haven't heard of L&W, but will second the opinion of Coltri. Local shop in PA has had to ship them to Florida for service at their own expense to get them fixed a couple times.

I have seen several of their bigger models(big shop size) and they look and work great from what I've seen. Kim at protec tulum has two beautiful l&w's that do a ton of tank filling year round. You could email him through protec's website and I'm sure he'd respond.

I haven't heard of L&W, but will second the opinion of Coltri. Local shop in PA has had to ship them to Florida for service at their own expense to get them fixed a couple times.

That's funny, because the ones that tank in Florida get shipped to California at the owner's expense. With 400 hours on them.

There's a damn good reason a Bauer costs so much. They are bullet proof and tech support is the best. I have a k14 been filling about 300 tanks a year since 1982. Change oil and filter once a year.

Last edited:
MCH6 is probably the EASIEST compressor to work on in the industry. If you know which end of the crescent wrench to use, you can do any kind of service you need ... including a full overhaul. And there are several places to get parts and advice ... me for one. Since Coltri set up the US division, parts and service has been GREAT! But the key to having a compressor last forever is proper maintenance. If you don't take care of it, it will be a piece of crap in no time ... no matter who's machine you buy.

All, thanks for the help.

I found a review on RBWorld for the entry-level model I was interested in, seems the reviews are pretty good. They cost about half the price of a similar Bauer where I live, so that's attractive.

Link is here if anyone's interested: L&W Compressors

They cost about half the price of a similar Bauer where I live, so that's attractive.

Where are you? That will also carry a little weight on which one you go with.

I am the agent for Coltri in South Africa and have MCH 6 units in the market that have 1500 hours + with nothing other than regular oil and filter changes
OK - they have been set up in pristine conditions - airconditioned room and with the added autodrain feature
and they change the oil and filters religiously

then i have paintball clients that manage to destroy machines in a few hundred hours - they don't change oil or filters

the MCH 6 is a great machine - so its all about the care you give your machine -

Another point about a Bauer is when you get to the Capatono and mariner they all have a hi pressure lubrication system around 700 psi. I'm not knocking the other brands just that I have had good luck with Bauer and never have owned a new one always bought used ones. Good luck with whatever you decide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom