Anyone have the Cressi Big Eyes Evolution mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luvs2Dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey Rachael. I promise, I'm not stalking you :OP I think we must have a lot of the same interests.

The Cressi Big Eyes Evo is a fantastic mask - it shares many of the same features that the Cressi Lince has, including the patented angled lens that makes the mask so low-volume and easy to clear as well as greatly increasing your field of vision.

We have the Big Eyes Evo in stock (just came in yesterday, as a matter of fact) and there is a thread on here that I think you'll find very useful. Just type in Big Eyes Evo and hit search and it should come up. It is a great mask, as are pretty much all of the masks made by Cressi.

To find more info on Cressi, who has been making phenomenal masks forever, I think the website is Cressi Professional Scuba Diving Equipment - fin, mask, snorkel, regulator, BC Not sure but the Cressi rep can feel free to jump in here at any time.

I'm looking for a mask and saw an ad for this one. I thought it looked pretty promising. Does anyone have this mask? If so, how do you like it?

Here's a link to the one I was looking at
Cressi Big Eyes Evo Mask Pink, Stylish Diving Mask 2009 - eBay (item 220343273145 end time Feb-10-09 13:45:18 PST)

I've never heard of Cressi (I'm a new diver). Do they make good quality items?

Thanks,
Rachael

I have the 'original' Big Eyes I purchased about 6 months ago......Asked the Cressi rep here a few days ago some questions about the new one...here's his response(s) in the thread---click link.....

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cressi/269255-big-eyes-evolution-cressi1946-whats.html#post4147533

Hey Rachael. I promise, I'm not stalking you :OP I think we must have a lot of the same interests.

The Cressi Big Eyes Evo is a fantastic mask - it shares many of the same features that the Cressi Lince has, including the patented angled lens that makes the mask so low-volume and easy to clear as well as greatly increasing your field of vision.

We have the Big Eyes Evo in stock (just came in yesterday, as a matter of fact) and there is a thread on here that I think you'll find very useful. Just type in Big Eyes Evo and hit search and it should come up. It is a great mask, as are pretty much all of the masks made by Cressi.

To find more info on Cressi, who has been making phenomenal masks forever, I think the website is Cressi Professional Scuba Diving Equipment - fin, mask, snorkel, regulator, BC Not sure but the Cressi rep can feel free to jump in here at any time.

Oh you're fine! Thank you for being so welcoming. :) This mask does seem like a great mask and a lot of people seem to be really happy with the original Big Eyes. I've also been looking into their Reaction fins in pink but am somewhat worried that they will be too stiff. That's the reason I hate my fins now - they are soo exhausting! Thanks for your help!!! I really appreciate it!

got it in a couple of days ago and had to steal one for myself! awesome mask but might be too big for your face. definitely recommend you try one on before you buy it. reaction fins are a little on the stiff (compared to split fins - ha ha) but are actually quite easy on your legs and create a lot of energy without a lot of effort.

:D

I've been diving my 2009 Big Eyes Evo for the past two months. Up until today, it's been great. The field of view is great, and the mask is very comfortable.

However, today I noticed a small tear in the skirt about the left eye. I suppose I'll continue to dive it until the leak becomes to great, and then move on to a different mask.

My wife just bought this mask. She has about 12 dives on it and loves it!!:D

My mask ended up tearing to the point that it had to go. I bought it from Manta Express through Amazon, and I have to say they were terrific. The mask was replaced, without hesitation. The new mask arrived, but I haven't had a chance to dive it yet.

Back
Top Bottom