Anyone have experience with Camaro or Probe 7mm wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jennilee913

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello scuba members!

I'm in the search of a new colder water dive suit. I've tried on multiple traditional brands, so began to research a bit, and learned about Camaro. This board led me to frogskins in the past, which I love, and figured the Probes may be also be good.

I currently have a Mares Flexa 865. It's ok, but a pain to get on and off, and starting to stretch out. I still get cold after 30+ minutes in 60 degree weather, but it's not bad enough to end a dive.

Things I'm considering: get cold easily, suit made for women, easy to get on and off, as flexible as possible. I'm also very intrigued by the Probes claim of quick dry.

Choices I'm reviewing:
1. Camaro 7 pro
2. Probe iDry 7mm
3. Scubapro Semi-dry

If anyone has any experience with any of the above I would love to hear from you.

I know, I know. I should probably just get a drysuit, but I'm too lazy, and find diving in Southern California a little boring so only go about twice a year to keep my legally bound dive buddy happy. :)

Hello! Not exactly what you are looking for, but I wanted to give some props for the Camaro brand. I have a 3mm front zip Camaro that is very stretchy and seals really well at wrist and ankles. Fleecy material inside and taped in key spots. Overall I’ve been really happy with it and would recommend the brand compared to other suits I’ve had.

Hello scuba members!

I'm in the search of a new colder water dive suit. I've tried on multiple traditional brands, so began to research a bit, and learned about Camaro. This board led me to frogskins in the past, which I love, and figured the Probes may be also be good.

I currently have a Mares Flexa 865. It's ok, but a pain to get on and off, and starting to stretch out. I still get cold after 30+ minutes in 60 degree weather, but it's not bad enough to end a dive.

Things I'm considering: get cold easily, suit made for women, easy to get on and off, as flexible as possible. I'm also very intrigued by the Probes claim of quick dry.

Choices I'm reviewing:
1. Camaro 7 pro
2. Probe iDry 7mm
3. Scubapro Semi-dry

If anyone has any experience with any of the above I would love to hear from you.

I know, I know. I should probably just get a drysuit, but I'm too lazy, and find diving in Southern California a little boring so only go about twice a year to keep my legally bound dive buddy happy. :)
Jennilee913, what did you end up getting?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom