Anyone Have A Digital Reefmaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1054EDP

Registered
Reaction score
HEY GUYS AND GALS
JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS THE NEW REEMASTER DIGITAL 1.3 MEGA PIXEL DIGITAL CAMERA. I HAVE IT AND WANTED TO GET SOME HINTS AND TIPS FOR BETTER PICTURES. JUST CAME BACK FROM THAILAND AND TOOK SOME AWESOME PICS, BUT ON MY PREVIOUS DIVES, IN COZUMEL, PICS CAME OUT I LIKE CRAP. JUST NEED SOME HELPFUL TIPS ON CAMERA SETTINGS, AND OR TRICKS TO TAKING BETTER PITURES:)

First tip....QUIT SHOUTING!!! Using all CAPS is considered shouting in internet etiquette and it's very hard to read. You'll get alot more responses if folks will read your posts! :wink:

I don't have and have never used a Reefmaster but basic camera tips are probably all you need.

1) Get close, then get even closer! One way to control the backscatter is to remove the water between you and the subject. Your main subject, such as a fish, should fill most of the frame.

2) Don't shoot down on your subject. Get down to the subjects level and/or shoot slightly upwards if possible. Shooting down just gives you a flat, uninteresting picture.

3) If you can change the aperture and/or shutter speed, bracket your shots. This is especially helpful until you learn what the results of each setting are. You'll soon learn this through your results.

Just want to say thanks on the advice about the "caps".
i do know, that it isn't polite, but when your in a hurry, keeping the streets of NYC safe from @#$#holes, and the only real time i get to go online is on lunch, it makes it a bit diificult. not to mention that i suck at typing. lol. i appreciate all the advice. i'm using a digital camera, so there is no way for me to adjust the shutter speed. the controls on this camera are very limited. i've taken quite a few pictures specially in thailand that came out awesome. yes i do agree that the closer you get the better the picture. on the suggestion , of taking a picture in an upward position , at times poses a dificulty. most of the marine life i came across in thai were bottom dwellers, especially the leopard sharks, and getting close with out disturbing them is a bit hard.

once again, i do appreciate all the advice, and i'm always willing to learn from someone with more experience.

Back
Top Bottom