anyone have a Cobra 3 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highlandfarmwv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Cobra and have gotten very used to it and like it, but I need a 2-gas computer and was considering the Cobra 3. When it says that the conservativeness algorhythm may be changed, is this something that the consumer can do or who does make the change?

You should be able to make it more conservative. Can't you do that with your exiting model Cobra? I see nothing special with the Cobra 3 other than the Deep Stops option which is user enabled as well.

You should be able to make it more conservative. Can't you do that with your exiting model Cobra? I see nothing special with the Cobra 3 other than the Deep Stops option which is user enabled as well.

Just bought it havent used it. but it has electronic compass, you can set it for 50% model or keep it at the 100% setting. Still learning before first dive the weekend

I have one and when they say that the algorithm can be changed it is talking about changing suunto's RGBM from 100% to 50% which makes the computer slightly more liberal.

I'm not sure by how much though, I haven't used anything but the 100% model

Sorry didn't answer the question. Yes, you the consumer can change the algorithm in the dive settings mode. The manual walks you through how to make the change.

Thanks. Would want to make it more liberal I think. I have Cobra (1) now and it is way to conservative compared to dive buddies.

Thanks. Would want to make it more liberal I think. I have Cobra (1) now and it is way to conservative compared to dive buddies.

I recall a study that found spinal-cord lesions in asymptomatic divers, so while your dives may be shorter you may be better off than your dive buddies in the long run.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom