Anyone had experience with Horizon Divers in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pholsten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Planning a dive trip to Key Largo and would like to know anyone's experience with Horizon Divers please.

THANKS!

Don't have any experience with them. But do know someone that works there. Jeff knapp. He moved there from richmond va where he worked for the richmond dive shop. Always have k own him as very nice and out going. But that is all I know.

They are the only people I have dived with when I am down there. No complaints. Captain Bob is a really nice skipper. Their instructor Kat is not with them anymore but the other instructors they have are also very good. I highly recommend them.

I dove with them three days in a row last October; I had a blast, air is included in the price, Nitrox was a couple extra dollars; very good dive operation!

I would recommend them in a heart beat; I will be diving with them again this Labor Day-ish! We did the Spiegel Grove, one or two reefs, and the USCG Duane with them all in one long weekend of diving. We had a blast, went with a group from our local dive club and got a good deal for having six divers in a group and using one person to pay, call for the best deal.

Very knowledgeable crew and very helpful...they let divers dive; they will put you on some great sites even if the weather does not necessarily cooperate.

I dove with them three days in a row last October; I had a blast, air is included in the price, Nitrox was a couple extra dollars; very good dive operation!

I would recommend them in a heart beat; I will be diving with them again this Labor Day-ish! We did the Spiegel Grove, one or two reefs, and the USCG Duane with them all in one long weekend of diving. We had a blast, went with a group from our local dive club and got a good deal for having six divers in a group and using one person to pay, call for the best deal.

Very knowledgeable crew and very helpful...they let divers dive; they will put you on some great sites even if the weather does not necessarily cooperate.

That's good as they're one of the operators I'm considering for later this year.

Kind regards

If you can get on their small boat then go for it. Other wise their cat is just like the other big dive ops in the Keys, busy, "be in the water at this time out at this time." Horizon is the only dive op I have ever refused to tip--world wide. If you can try to dive one of the smaller ops or head across the canal to Ocean Divers.

Haven't used Horizon, but have gone with Rainbow Reef and Ocean Divers and recommend both. If you want to save a little money, Force-E scuba sells trips with Ocean Divers for $15 less than the list price. Just give them a call and they will do the booking and you can pay them over the phone.

Haven't dove with them yet, have a trip planned in august to dive with them and am very excited! They get good reviews on tripadvisor, plus they let you leave your gear there overnight which sounds good to me.

No, I used Quiescence in Key Largo -- first rate group, when I go back that's who I'm using. Not even going to check out other places. These guys were great. Only 4-6 divers per boat. No waiting for a huge group to jump in or get out. Short walk to boat from store, covered sitting area and a couple decent rinse tubs.

Not just no, but hell no. Unless you like overloaded, crowded boats, and fighting with snorkelers for space. I've watched their boats for a while. Head to Quiescence or Island Ventures (if Quiescence is booked). Enjoy a smaller, better operation.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom