Anyone ever paint tempered glass? Or even regular glass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to add some counter space to my Mom's kitchen before we sell the house. I've found a great piece of 3/4" thick tempered glass that's the exact length I need (need to check the width today if it hasn't sold). I would like to paint the bottom of it some sort of metallic color (probably copper or bronze but silver would work too) to coordinate with the rest of the kitchen and hide the goop that attaches the counter to the cabinets. I've seen some really neat pictures of back-painted glass but can't find instructions on how to do it.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Ber :lilbunny:

That's probably 2 million times more detailed than what I'm looking at doing and requires about 10 million times more talent than I possess. I want to make the entire bottom a color so you can't see the stuff that holds the glass to the cabinet tops. I saw a really neat picture of a thick piece of aqua glass with a copper color surface under it that would look nice in that kitchen. It's a 1970's ranch style house and I'm looking for an inexpensive but unique way to add counter space before the house goes on the market.
Ber :lilbunny:

Use spray paint.

Spray multiple light coats as evenly as you can.

Let dry completely between coats.

Don't rush and try to do heavier coats, you'll only **** it up.

If you **** it up, you'll have to single-edge razor blade the whole thing, so don't **** it up.

Take any piece of expendable glass and do test colors to what it looks like with the green tint.

If you use white, which pretty cool, the goo may show through

Glue it at the back edge (under the back splash) or dont use goo at all as the weight of the glass should hold it down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom