Anyone ever mounted the dome to the Inon UWL-100 28AD lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got english instructions for mounting the dome to the threaded lens, but not the 28AD version which also requires a spacer. The instructions that came with the spacer are detailed with plenty of important looking photos and description with arrows to features and alignment cues - all in Japanese. I'm hoping the english instructions for the threaded lens will cover most of what I need.

I don't have that particular item but I think you remove the screws that hold the bulkhead plate to the 100WAL and remove the dome. Then you take your 100-28AD and slip the spacer on and then set the aft dome bulkhead in place. The spacer is to move the objective of the 100-28AD forward so that the--uh--locus of focus---is correct for that lens inside the dome. Then you have to pay attention to the position of the shade so that it is correctly positioned when the bayonet is locked and then re secure with the screws. I guess. There never were instructions for that on the defunct Inon America page or I would have printed them out like I did some other things. When I got my dome and 100WAL ordered they told me it would come assembled.

When you figure it out, pics and instructions would be nice for future persons faced with the same problem.

N

I'll tackle this next week when I return, and will post pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom