Anyone else having problems getting the new PADI E-card???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS-NRG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got my PADI iPhone app update this morning which claims ecards are available for ALL levels now (see picture below). There is a web address you need to goto to get the card but it doesn't seem to work as intended. When you goto the link Scuba Certification Cards - Replacement for Lost & Damaged Certifications - PADI Scuba Diver Training Organization it simply re-directs to the current c-card replacement page with no option for ecards.

Am I missing something? Is this USA only?

ecard.png

[EDIT] Just phoned them in California and they don't even know why it's down and not working. Apparantly the cost of these is the same as a regular card $37. I questioned that and the girl couldn't understand why it's that much either considering it's a download only and there's no mailing, shipping, plastic cards to hand out, printer and ink to print it. Ridiculous!!!

Photograph both sides of your real card and store the images on the iPhone. Doesn't that suffice? The operators I go with would surely accept such an image. Or spend the $37 and buy the waterproof PADI c card tag version and permanently clip it on your BC. Then you always have it when you dive.

Having problems with new Padi app also. I can access every function of the app accept my Ecards. I keep getting an error message and then the app freezes. I have to restart app. Tried to delete app and reinstall without any success.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom