Anyone else have problems with the Air XS 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I'm not trying to being any negative attention on Oceanic but I was just curious. I have read through 40 pages of thread and searched and can not find much input on the Air XS 2 inflator.
I purchased the Air XS 2 when I bought my Oceanic dive package. I was on deployment at the time and was not able to use my gear until I came back last November. I have since enrolled in the ScubaMaster challange and have made 8 dives with my gear. From the first dive I have had problems with my inflator. For the most part it has been a sticking inflator button and a slow intermitten air leak into my BC. Today, during my pre dive check, I discover that the purge button is inoperable and I am unable to breath through it. I took it to an authorized Oceanic LDS and was told that the actuator arm under the purge button is "messed up". Meaning that the actuator is not operating the valve inside. I was given two choices: have it repair for a service fee or contact the place of purchase or Oceanic directly for repair/replacement.
What, if any, are your experiences with this inflator and how was it resolved?

Shawn

mine did the same thing but i was about 50 ft down and i had to pull the quick release to stop my ascent a little scary but held it together. i brought mine back to the place i bought it from and they swapped it out for free. never had a problem scenes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom