Anyone else creeped out by this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane

Contributor
Reaction score

Reminds me of this:
terminator.jpg

"Judgment Day is inevitable."

Go DARPA! My uncle works for Jet Propulsions Labortories in conjunction with NASA and DARPA in developing software for robotics used in space exploration. DARPA's unmanned vehicle competition produces some pretty wild capabilities and most of it is coming out of our America's big universities. Yep, some of it is pretty freaky. :)

a) Yes!

b) What the heck is that thing?

It's actually pretty impressive as far as a whatever it is goes. It reminds me of this:

B000IZX798.01-A1ARU4Z79XW1O7._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Rachel

Oh I loved the robot in the first video :) I even felt bad for it when it was tripping over. I probably shouldn't though as those kinds of things will probably end up leading the robot revolution one day... :p

Impressed the heck out of me. Wonder what the boundries are. i.e. jumping, navigation, water, fences, boulders, problem solving etc. Some serious real time computing going on in that beast. Looks like a LOT of fun to play with to get working.

So why is it again that I write computer code for lawyers instead of doing something like this????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom