Anyone dove with Pelagic Ventures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pelagic is run by a Canadian named Troy............he's a great guy and gives great personal service.........when I am not on the island I often send him my clients for what that is worth..............Betsy

My husband I dove with Troy and Pelagic in December while cruising and are hoping to return in May. We found him to be great to work with and had a lot of fun.

I'm one of Betsy's clients... who missed her a few times on the Island.... She recommended Troy... Fantastic Dive Op... I've done two one-week trips with him and also sent a friend down to certify with him. I really loved the operation. Great Dives... always felt comfortable both underwater and above with him. Real personal service, I always felt safe and got to see great sites. Even took a few snorkel trips with them on my last day... which were amazing.

Ok... I'll stop raving now, but I strongly recommend.

Have only met Troy and found him to be a very friendly guy. Cannot comment on his op. However I have been diving with Papa Hogs for several years now and have never had a bad experience. I think I have somewhere around 150 dives with these guys. No nonsense, just straight forward diving. Fast boats, great DMs, dive your computer and they will do their very best to accommodate any requests you may have. Throw in great food and cold beer at Hogtown and life is pretty good.

Troy is a great OP. Certified then dove with him for a week in Oct. Really went out of his way to make accomidations for us. He mixed a trip of our snorkle friends on teh same boat while we dove. We even did a fishing trip with them. Really nice gear and they fish hard. Ofcourse one of our companions chumming over the side ended it kind of early though:)

Scram Bulleggs:
Troy is a great OP. Certified then dove with him for a week in Oct. Really went out of his way to make accomidations for us. He mixed a trip of our snorkle friends on teh same boat while we dove. We even did a fishing trip with them. Really nice gear and they fish hard. Ofcourse one of our companions chumming over the side ended it kind of early though:)

How does one "fish hard". We fish or we do not, eh?

Thanks to everyone for the info. ggunn -fishing hard is like playing hard and I bet you can relate to that. Post a clip of one of your tunes somewhere, I would like to check it out.

Deepclay:
Thanks to everyone for the info. ggunn -fishing hard is like playing hard and I bet you can relate to that. Post a clip of one of your tunes somewhere, I would like to check it out.

Um, when I fish, it's with a beer in hand and a sandwich in the other; it's a sure way to get a strike! There are some tunes on our website, just click on the "my band" link in my sig.

I have been on a few charter boats in the states and you can just see when someone puts more effort into things. Hey when I am not paying for it I like to just float on the lake with a beer in my hand too:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom