Anyone doing the CEII on Jun 13-20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gtoph

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
They are running a special of $400 off this week so the wife and I decided to give it a shot. The only issue was air; the schedules stink and are pricey. We ended up flying in early to Miami to spend the night and we'll spend a couple extra days in the Bahamas.

The wife is looking at hotels and she is trying to see if St. Francis has any availability... anyone stay here recently, or have any other recommendations that aren't ridiculously expensive?

We jsut got back from the CEXII. You can read my trip report in the Liveaboards Section here on SB. Try the Peace & Plenty Hotel in Georgetown. They were very helpful to our group. Yes airfare to Georgetown is outrageous. They only have 3 flights a day and no plane larger than a 60 passenger torbo prop. We used American.

Good stuff, thanks for the report. I don't know if I can talk the wife into looking at P&P or not; she's kinda picky with hotels. :D

I've read about the baggage delays; we're staying in Miami on Friday, so I hope the bags come with us on the hop over.

Guess I didn't realize that it was drift diving, we were just excited to get a decent deal and head back to the water. Hows that work with them then? Do they have a little tinder that picks you up, or is just swim up hill and coast back to the boat?

Hi there. My wife and I are on this boat. We were actually booked for the previous week but got 'bumped' by a week. Not a disaster and Explorer were very good and helped out with moving our flights etc. Very excited about the diving (have never been to caribbean before). Fingers crossed for some sharks. Lots of them hopefully! Bit concerned about the weather (all the internet sites are currently thunderstorms!!!).
We've got a week ashore (Nassau) the week before just lazing about - though we do intend to spend a day or two with Stuart Cove. Not booked it yet - will just sort something when we get out there.

Hi there. My wife and I are on this boat. We were actually booked for the previous week but got 'bumped' by a week. Not a disaster and Explorer were very good and helped out with moving our flights etc. Very excited about the diving (have never been to caribbean before). Fingers crossed for some sharks. Lots of them hopefully! Bit concerned about the weather (all the internet sites are currently thunderstorms!!!).
We've got a week ashore (Nassau) the week before just lazing about - though we do intend to spend a day or two with Stuart Cove. Not booked it yet - will just sort something when we get out there.

We've never been to the Bahamas before, but we've been around the Caribbean and love it. We definitely want to hit spots on the other half of the globe, but the Caribbean is much closer and usually cheaper. :)

The wife is looking forward to (hopefully) seeing a few hammerheads which would be something new for us, but regardless, should be loads of fun. Haven't checked the weather lately, but as long as the storms aren't ridiculous and there's no hurricane coming I wouldn't worry about it too much.

We're spending two extra days around Georgetown after the boat; I think my wife is pretty set on St. Francis, which looks nice, but just a little pricey. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom