Anyone diving in March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bravokiloromeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all, I'm a newly minted OW diver and looking to get at least one weekend of diving in before heading to Australia in April.

I'm based out of the PDX area so I'm already expecting to have to drive somewhere (Sound/Canal or somewhere else?). I work Saturdays but can take off with advance notice, otherwise I'm free Sundays.

The dives don't even have to be interesting or scenic, just need to get more bottom time!

Hi bravokilorome,

Do you have a drysuit? We had a dive in Puget Sound last week where the water temp was 43F... and it was snowing. We love it but It's a bit brisk for wetsuit diving!

Unless you're prepared from some serious cold temperatures, you might be better off waiting until you get to Oz.
:)

g2:
Hi bravokilorome,

Do you have a drysuit? We had a dive in Puget Sound last week where the water temp was 43F... and it was snowing. We love it but It's a bit brisk for wetsuit diving!

Unless you're prepared from some serious cold temperatures, you might be better off waiting until you get to Oz.
:)

Our OW course was about that temp (49 the first day, 43 the second) up near Sund Rock in mid Feb, wasn't too cold once in the water in my opinion (out of the water was another story), but we had gloves and hoods. Honestly the worst part was that I couldn't feel my fingers at all when trying to do weight removal and BCD removal.

Drysuit is definitely in my future but I'm not ready to make that leap yet!

Dive all year long in the Puget Sound
I am chatting with a friend about possibly diving this upcoming weekend and/or next weekend, but if you're willing to buddy up I have a feeling at least one of those will fall through.

Our OW course was about that temp (49 the first day, 43 the second) up near Sund Rock in mid Feb, wasn't too cold once in the water in my opinion (out of the water was another story), but we had gloves and hoods. Honestly the worst part was that I couldn't feel my fingers at all when trying to do weight removal and BCD removal.

Drysuit is definitely in my future but I'm not ready to make that leap yet!

I am chatting with a friend about possibly diving this upcoming weekend and/or next weekend, but if you're willing to buddy up I have a feeling at least one of those will fall through.

Ordinarily I'd say yes, but I'm teaching an open water class the next two weekend (3/4 and 10/11). For the next few months, half my weekends are occupied. I can also try to arrange buddies if you like (former students).

I'd appreciate it! I'm sure there's other single divers like me out there looking for buddies.

I’m in pdx area, I frequent the coast for crab/fish but do enjoy sightseeing. I’d say Clearlake but in a wetsuit your crazy! But if your up for it! Anyways I’m always up for diving.

Clear Lake looks like an amazing dive, but also one best done in a dry suit :)

Where do you typically dive off the Oregon coast?

Clear Lake looks like an amazing dive, but also one best done in a dry suit :)

Where do you typically dive off the Oregon coast?

It really depends on why I’m diving, usually it’s barview or 3 graces for crab, clams, fish Summer time I kayak out of pacific city to the rock, scallops, fish. I’m tryong to get to explore the reef at cape lookout soon, I used to dive a lot out of Florence for crab in my college days.

Also coast diving here isn’t exactly for the faint of heart, vis sucks, currents. There’s an reason you don’t find a lot of people who do. Good sport is about the same time of a drive as the coast at least for me and that another reason most people go up and most people don’t hunt they sightsee. I am planning a dive 3/18 at the slack tode and a drift dive. But I’m always game to plan another dive if you want

Back
Top Bottom