Anyone diving Dutch Springs during Expo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BalekFekete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dropping in quick to see if anyone will be up for the Expo at Dutch Springs next weekend, June 8th or 9th? I've got two adult kids who will be doing their OW checkout dives those days which would make it neat to be up there to watch. But...well, if I'm going to be there...might as well dive too eh? Problem is my dive buddy (a.k.a. wife) wasn't/isn't keen on the cold water diving. :(

Sooo, anyone care to potentially take a relative newbie (10 dives since certifing last June) on as an instabuddy for a dive or two?

Dropping in quick to see if anyone will be up for the Expo at Dutch Springs next weekend, June 8th or 9th? I've got two adult kids who will be doing their OW checkout dives those days which would make it neat to be up there to watch. But...well, if I'm going to be there...might as well dive too eh? Problem is my dive buddy (a.k.a. wife) wasn't/isn't keen on the cold water diving. :(

Sooo, anyone care to potentially take a relative newbie (10 dives since certifing last June) on as an instabuddy for a dive or two?

Unfortunately I’m not able to make it that weekend but I was there last weekend and it’s still high 40’s low 50’s so KEEP WARM!! And enjoy yourself.

Unfortunately I’m not able to make it that weekend but I was there last weekend and it’s still high 40’s low 50’s so KEEP WARM!! And enjoy yourself.

OOF! They're not diving dry, 'only' with 7mm farmer john and shortie (so 14mm over the core). They're gonna be miserable. LOL

Maybe ... I'd like to go to the expo.

Somewhat depends on if I freeze my jewels off there tomorrow in my 7mm and either my 3mm shortie or Lavacore vest. 14mm on the core sounds toasty (relatively speaking).

My first drysuit dive is on the docket for late tomorrow, but we'll see how tired we are after the preceding classes.

PM me if you don't hear from me by midweek ...

Somewhat depends on if I freeze my jewels off there tomorrow in my 7mm and either my 3mm shortie or Lavacore vest. 14mm on the core sounds toasty (relatively speaking).

My first drysuit dive is on the docket for late tomorrow, but we'll see how tired we are after the preceding classes.

I'll be interested in the report back on water temps there to get an idea of how cold it'll be next weekend! :eek:

I went dry last year and what a game changer. Yay new expensive purchase to get in trouble for buying by the wife.

We were on the student side yesterday for 3 dives (observing OW checkouts) and spent the whole time at the platforms, fire truck, and boat.

Platforms are currently around 25ft, and 57oF. At the boat at 40ft temp was 50oF.

I spent a lot of time hovering at the platforms (40 min. straight on the 2nd dive). It was tolerable in my old GoldCore 7/5 with my new (first time out) LavaCore vest. Without the vest, I would probably have been very unhappy.

Drysuit and night dives did not happen. I've had a chest cold and the cold, hyper-dry air was irritating my already sensitive throat, causing me to cough, a lot. Add in a rescue assist at shore, and I was done for the day.

Thanks for the update. Convinced wife to dive next weekend, so we’ll be there likely doing a lot of the same area as you describe working on our skills. Fun fun!

I did my aow last weekend at Dutch. 45 degrees at 70ft. The hellfire was cold. The rest of the time I was fine in a 7mm with a 5/3 hooded vest under. Wasn’t bad at all. Been diving in same setup since opening day when water temp was 39. I haven’t had any problems being down 30 to 40 min at a time.

I did my aow last weekend at Dutch. 45 degrees at 70ft. The hellfire was cold. The rest of the time I was fine in a 7mm with a 5/3 hooded vest under. Wasn’t bad at all. Been diving in same setup since opening day when water temp was 39. I haven’t had any problems being down 30 to 40 min at a time.

How was the vis last weekend? I figure as long as that’s acceptable then we can manage through the cold. Thanks in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom