Anyone dive with both Blue XT and Tres Pelicanos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amoses

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be in Cozumel for 1 week in June. I have used SCC and Dive with Martin . I really liked Dive with Martin, but they are somewhat inconvenient for where I am staying this time. I have narrowed the dive op this time down to Blue XT or Tres Pelicanos. Has anyone dove both dive ops that can compare and contrast them? They both have excellent reviews. They have similar dive package quotes. They seem to have similar services they offer. Both have been great to work with so far. I am sure I will enjoy either experience. I am having a hard time deciding. If you have experienced both of these ops and can shed some light on any differences or the types of diving they do that is different, it might be helpful.

We dove with Blue XT for 5 years. In my opinion, Pedro Pablo is one of the best dive masters on the island and my good friend. We now dive with Tres Pelicanos . We love their boats, quick response to inquiries, divemasters, price and general excellence.

You won't go wrong with either

I've dove with both & am hoping to do it again this trip which starts tomorrow. I have 5 days already booked with TP & once I'm on the island & know the weather conditions I'll contact Christi to add a few dives with my buddy Pedro. Both are excellent choices but there is a price difference or was the last time I compared prices & with the low Canadian dollar it does influence my decision. I've dove with Jorge (DM at TP) & Pedro for many years & a few others at other ops & try to keep friendships fresh by alternating among those ops. As above you really can't go wrong with either of these choices.

Edited to add that from memory the biggest difference between them is that Blue XT Sea has nice warm boat coats to hand out to those who are cold after their dive and that they pick you up at the pier if you're located in town or south of town while TP arranges road transportation to the marina & back. Both are very well run businesses & fill any special requests you've made that the can.

Last edited:
+1 for Blue XT. Have not use Tres Pelicanos yet.

Add another vote for Blue XT~Sea.. I've done literally 100's of dives with them since 2010 and I can't recall ever being disappointed.. Almost always just the opposite. I've also dove with a lot of the other well known Ops on the Island, and a few not so well known, but I can say that my 5-10 favorite blue-water dives of all time were with BXTS. The only time I 'stray' from them is when I've had friends diving with other ops and want to join their group for the day.

I'm fairly certain that Christi originally brought the concept of "boutique" (vip) diving to the Island.. She's taken it a step further now with the addition of wifi on her dive boats..
I doubt anyone would have cared about that years ago, but now everyone is plugged in.. If you feel the need to surf or upload pics / vids while traveling to / from a site, or on a surface interval, you can.. Have a birthday? Expect it to be celebrated in proper fashion before, after or during your dive trip.. SI food is usually quite good.. Gear handling and cleaning for those diving multiple days is very nice.. Who doesn't love to get on the boat and have your gear already setup and ready to dive? And of course, then there is Pedro Pablo.. Most frequent Coz divers have their favorite Ops and DM's but Pedro is the one that most of the other DM's on the Island look up to and respect.

[
warm boat coats to hand out to those who are cold after their dive and that they pick you up at the pier if you're located in town or south of town while TP arranges road transportation to the marina & back. Both are very well run businesses & fill any special requests you've made that the can.
Larry, you don't use a wetsuit!!! I am frigging cold watching you:). FYI Jeanie has jackets on both Shark's ask for one, if it ain't warm enough grab Jorge's oversized boat coat, all else fails he can crawl into the bow (I have seen it).

That's why I don't really care that Christi offers them BUT others sure do. Steve had a pretty nice one last trip.

Well it went to a deserving soul. Jorge has ZERO body fat to keep him warm. I've got some Maple Syrup for him this trip (if customs doesn't confiscate it) Last trip they just smiled when I told them what the X Ray was showing.

Well it went to a deserving soul. Jorge has ZERO body fat to keep him warm. I've got some Maple Syrup for him this trip (if customs doesn't confiscate it) Last trip they just smiled when I told them what the X Ray was showing.
FYI, he loves peanut butter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom