Anyone been to Captain Morgan's in Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghostdiver

Reaction score
My wife and I are considering going with some friends who are planning on staying at Captain Morgan's in Belize. We are all divers. Has anyone stayed at Captain Morgan's? How is their dive operation?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ghost,

.... but very serviceable, kept neat & clean, and on balance shows excellent staff attitude. The casitas are roomy, and some king beds are available. All units face water & beach. Very nice beach, although it's pretty shallow for a long ways out. On site restuarant, which I believe is the Buena Vista, has decent food. About a 20 minute water taxi ride over to San Pedro for some upscale dining & heavy partying.

When I last saw it, there was no onsite dive op. They worked with a local op, I'm not sure who it is these days, or you can arrange diving yourself.

Ops that have good reputations include Gaz Cooper's Dive Belize & Amigos de Mar.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Docs spot on

Captain Morgans jumped on the Temtation island and promote it heavily and have now turned themselves into a timeshare resort with an active program soliciting people from San Pedro town and in House guests.

The resort is very nice although some units are more luxurious than others the new units are very nice.

It does not have a Dive Shop it farms out the diving to a local operator called Patojos Diving.

Let em know if you have more question just did my surface interval there this morning in fact.

Dive Safe

Gaz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom