Anyone been rock climbing on Cayman Brac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Planning a family trip there in March (CBBR - our local dive shop is running a trip). Our 2 kids (20s) and I are divers; wife has tried it, but it's not really her thing. As something to do for at least part of our time there - she's a rock climber and has been trying to get in touch with Rock Iguana, who apparently does offer some guided rock climbing there (wife would at least need someone to help belay and provide beta/info on the routes).

Rock Iguana has not responded yet, but they have plenty of positive reviews on TripAdvisor

Any info appreciated - thanks!

I can't answer your climbing questions but the link below is for a nice site with info about rock climbing on Brac. You might also try contacting the CBBR and asking for assistance as they are usually very willing to help guests enjoy their stay. They will help guests to arrange car rentals, tours, directions, connections, etc. - so probably rock climbing, too.

Climbing on Cayman Brac

Have you seen the movie called "Cayman Went"? There are some nice scenes of the Brac and of rock climbing.

Full movie on vimeo, Cayman Went:

Rock Iguana. Totally awesome. They arranged everything including beautiful accommodations. They took care of everything. She might be off island right now but honestly the service, ease just everything could not have been more streamlined. Even got in a couple dives! This is totally sleepy time here so many ops (water and land) take their time off now. If you have until March I would hold out to hear back from them :)

Rock Iguana. Totally awesome. They arranged everything including beautiful accommodations. They took care of everything. She might be off island right now but honestly the service, ease just everything could not have been more streamlined. Even got in a couple dives! This is totally sleepy time here so many ops (water and land) take their time off now. If you have until March I would hold out to hear back from them :)

Thanks CD. She was able to reach them by phone today - lots of info about routes, difficulty ratings, etc...and booked some time with them. Hard to find a rock climbing-diving combo vacation, but apparently Cayman Brac is it :cool:. I'll report back after we return (March)

Hard to find a rock climbing-diving combo vacation, but apparently Cayman Brac is it :cool:. I'll report back after we return (March)

Right here in British Columbia, although it is cold water diving. Squamish rock is some of the best in the world...give your wife a treat.

Right here in British Columbia, although it is cold water diving. Squamish rock is some of the best in the world...give your wife a treat.

Quick google search - looks gorgeous. Vancouver Island has always been a place I've wanted to dive....maybe next trip :)

Do you guys dive year round out there? What are the water temps like? I do most of my diving here in New England....generally April-Nov. Water temps tend to range from low 40s to high 50s F, although the older I get, the less I like low 40s :). Just mentioned Squamish to my wife and she started doing a little dance....

Back
Top Bottom