Anyone been on the Oman aggressor yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FairyBasset

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Am thinking to go at end of March and was wondering if there is any feedback / info on the trips around the Hallaniyat islands at that time of year. The itinerary says likely to see Humpbacks at that time. Thanks for any info you may have.

Not a great read, all 16 pages of it.

Having met three Americans in Sri Lanka last year at Batticaloa, who had been booked on the cancelled Sri Lankan Aggressor, I wouldn't be rushing to book on an untested LOB in this area.

If you want to dive Northern Oman (Musandam) and the Gulf of Oman (UAE and Oman) there are many other options available although most of them are land based.

A little update:

We saw what we believe to the Oman Aggressor this weekend. I say believe, as it looked like the Aggressor, but it was named the Musandam Explorer

It was at the North of the Musandam on Ras Musandam Island sheltering in the the bay over night. We saw it depart, but no sign of divers (we happened to be diving in the area and given the weather and tides there was only one site in that area possible at that time.

It is dragging an inflatable Rib as a diver pick up, which would not be my choice in the area especially as it has no shade.

Interestingly according to the Aggressor site and PADI travel its supposed to be operating way farther south in Muscat

Maybe it was on a shakedown of exploratory cruise of the area, I can't believe there are 2 similar steel hull boats operating, which might suggest the name change means it's keeping station in Khasab (or going too soon)

Of it could mean there's going to be a slightly used liveaboard for sale soon..

A little update:

We saw what we believe to the Oman Aggressor this weekend. I say believe, as it looked like the Aggressor, but it was named the Musandam Explorer

It was at the North of the Musandam on Ras Musandam Island sheltering in the the bay over night. We saw it depart, but no sign of divers (we happened to be diving in the area and given the weather and tides there was only one site in that area possible at that time.

It is dragging an inflatable Rib as a diver pick up, which would not be my choice in the area especially as it has no shade.

Interestingly according to the Aggressor site and PADI travel its supposed to be operating way farther south in Muscat

Maybe it was on a shakedown of exploratory cruise of the area, I can't believe there are 2 similar steel hull boats operating, which might suggest the name change means it's keeping station in Khasab (or going too soon)

Of it could mean there's going to be a slightly used liveaboard for sale soon..

I took a picture of the Musandam Explorer (top picture) with my iPhone6 from the distance. It doesn’t look the same as the Oman Aggressor (bottom picture).

FD51976F-C34F-494F-84AE-7031117BCA9F.jpeg
52472ECD-FF44-4CC0-8304-F8F5CA381CD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Ooh you’re right. Interesting. So far nothing found on web about a commercial, but it doesn’t seem right for a private yacht here

Ooh you’re right. Interesting. So far nothing found on web about a commercial, but it doesn’t seem right for a private yacht here

From the distance both would look the same with blue bottom & white top. :)

BTW, great diving! Thanks for fitting me into the group. I’ll post a trip report separately later. I’m on the way back to Texas now.

From the distance both would look the same with blue bottom & white top. :)

BTW, great diving! Thanks for fitting me into the group. I’ll post a trip report separately later. I’m on the way back to Texas now.
Safe travels buddy, come back soon

Back
Top Bottom