Anyone at Mammoth this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deadly_risk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My LDS is bringing a OW class to Mammoth this weekend. I'm headed up there to get in my nitrox and night dives Saturday, and my navigation cert Sunday. Any swampers headed that way?

Alright, that was a interesting weekend. I left with a nitrox, night and navigation certs and a urge to come back and explore all the rest of the stuff down there. My LDS was on a dock near the main building so that area is all I got to dive this time. The C-130E was awesome in daylight and as my first night dive.

The best part was Saturday night I was the only one in the entire park camping. It was me and some cows across the back fence. About 6 in the morning I woke up to some strange pitter patter noise. Then to water dripping through my roof vent on me. Crap! Rain! I ran to the car to grab my rain fly to try and keep my bedding dry. Got the rain fly on, and tried to get in only to realize I put the darn thing on backwards, the door was facing the tent window. :shakehead:

I went and sat in the car for 20min or so while the rain passed. Sleeping bag and cot were soaked so I decided to lay around and watch the water until the food place next door opened. Coffee and pancakes :coffee:

Why no, I was never a boyscout.

Oh, anyone know what all the green snot is in Mammoth?

What "green snot" are you talking about.? Could that be algae?
MB

I didn't touch any of it, but green and snot like along some of the wrecks and the oil rigging. It looked almost exactly like the green sticky hands out of coin machines.

sticky_hand.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom