Anybody to White Sands- Maldives recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rirarianneke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As I am going to the Maldives end of OCotber this year and I decided to go to white sands resort on South Ari atoll (thanks to some great tips of some of you).
However, this week I purchased a dutch diving magazine with an update on the Tsunami areas where White sands didn't come out so positive.
It actually said that the waterbungalows just opened, that the diveshop/school was running on minimum strenght, and even more important....that the situation on the dive sites where completly unknow........ So: Anybody recently go there? Is this all true??

I was on a live aboard back in January this year and we spent some time in South Ari atoll where I think White Sands is located - Was not impressed by the corals but saw plenty of mantas, a few sharks and dophin pods; unfortunately no whale shark !

Back
Top Bottom