Anybody know/use Promate DF800NTX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mos11b1p

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
on a 100% O2 bottle? It's a balanced, environmentally sealed DIN reg, 100% O2 out of the box and I am finding them ALL OVER THE INTERNET with not one single review or comment on them. I found a source with them on sale for $150 and am considering buying one (over ALL other options I've looked into.) Looking for somebody to tell me why I shouldn't. :)

Where Y'at Mos11b1p,

PM EastcoastdiverLLC, he is familiar with Promate and similar regulators. They are manufactured by Ocean Divers Supply the same manufacture of some Salvo, Sea Elite, Scuba Max, etc.

couv

thankyou for the tip. Im out of the New Orleans area. Starting full cave training this coming weekend down in Mariana, FL. Tec is right around the corner. bought an AL40 with a Diverite sling and had it topped off w 100% 02. Primary motive in gettin the 02 bottle functioning is want to have my own topside 02 for spearfishing trips...since nobody in my club carries 02 on board (if you can believe that.) Eventually, though, it will become my deco bottle when I have been trained.

I use the scubamax version of that same reg. I have two of them that are my doubles regs. Great regs and I have no problems with them at all... I am not sure about being O2 compatible out of the box though. You may want to double check that. If they are Great, but the way that I read it, it seams as though it can be used up to 100% O2 because of the seat materials and such, but not that it is O2 clean already. If I was buying it for O2 service I would probably clean it again anyway, just as I would with tanks that are supposed to be O2 cleaned from the factory.

Phil

Don't touch that regulator. It is unwise to disassemble a new regulator which is advertised as compliant with O2 service. Same for other gear like valves. If you need to play with stuff buy some used items off EBay; spin your wrenches, punches, circlip pliers and have fun with the soap and solvents.

Don't touch that regulator. It is unwise to disassemble a new regulator which is advertised as compliant with O2 service. Same for other gear like valves. If you need to play with stuff buy some used items off EBay; spin your wrenches, punches, circlip pliers and have fun with the soap and solvents.

Are you saying it is unwise for the OP to touch it because he is not a Tech? Or are you saying it is not wise for anyone to touch it? That reg is actually pretty striaght forward on servicing, but I agree that if you have not done it before that you should not buy a new piece of gear, tear it down, put it back together, and hope that it works. I am mearly suggesting that if it were me I would O2 clean it (Have it cleaned) before hooking it up to 100%. Cheap option considering the alternative...

Phil

The only way to know it's O2 clean is to either do it yourself or have it done by a professional whom you trust. I wouldn't trust "O2 clean" right out of the box unless it was a major brand. Just my two pennies' worth.

Back
Top Bottom