Anybody in Huatulco 01-08July? Wouldn't you like to be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterWayne

Reaction score
Austin, TX; got out of Dallas by wit, charm and be
Looking for dive buddies in Huatulco, Mexico, in the week of July 2-July 8. I'm OK for the standard, two-tank dives with Hurricane Divers, but I'm looking for at least one other person for the "Aventura Pacifico" and "Discover Puerto Angel" tours (surprisingly, only two people minimum.) Hurricane Divers are also open to afternoon, third-tank dives, again with a two-person minimum, and shore diving is available in the area.

Continental has non-stop service from Houston to Huatulco for under $500, Saturday to Saturday (or Wednesdays). You can also fly into Oaxaca and drive one of the world's most beautiful highways to Huatulco; or fly from Oaxaca or Acapulco in the mountain-hopper. Hurricane Divers quoted me a package for a week's lodging (Marlin Hotel, on Sta Cruz bay) and four, two-tank days for $755. It's easy to take a five-buck taxi to most of the beaches, and I'll be renting a car for a couple of days for the farther beaches, the Turtle Preserve, etc.

Spread the word -- Monday and Tuesday, July 3 and 4, are holidays for many U.S. folks in celebration of Independence Day.

Whatever you do that week, do it well; don't just end up hanging out at the local dive shop, perusing the expired trip fliers and wondering how Joe and Mary are enjoying their trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom