Any way to help Cozumel with vaccinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeltaWardog

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there anything I can do, as a visitor, to help Cozumel residents get vaccinations faster, or get people vaccinated who otherwise could not? I know nothing about the process in Mexico. Do Mexicans have to pay for vaccinations? Can I donate somewhere reputable that would help? Is there anything I can bring to the island to donate that might help? I really would like to find some way to help the people who made some of the most memorable vacations I've ever had possible.

If the answer is just "spend money and wear a mask", well I'll already be doing both of those things. Just wondering if there's any other way to help.

Is there anything I can do, as a visitor, to help Cozumel residents get vaccinations faster, or get people vaccinated who otherwise could not? I know nothing about the process in Mexico. Do Mexicans have to pay for vaccinations? Can I donate somewhere reputable that would help? Is there anything I can bring to the island to donate that might help? I really would like to find some way to help the people who made some of the most memorable vacations I've ever had possible.

If the answer is just "spend money and wear a mask", well I'll already be doing both of those things. Just wondering if there's any other way to help.
From what I could tell when I was there in May, no. The holdups seem to be eligibility and availability.

Those of us in richer counties need to encourage our governments to donate vaccines to poorer countries or if already doing so donate more.

Plus, if not already, get yourself fully vaccinated, don't be a carrier to your favorite vacation spot.

You want to help? Fly someone to the US where they can walk in and get a shot.

Its all on the gov handing it out there. Coz has been getting all pfizer which is cool.
I understand that they are into the 40-49 age group now? Does this mean that older people who want the shots have had them?

You want to help? Fly someone to the US where they can walk in and get a shot.

Its all on the gov handing it out there. Coz has been getting all pfizer which is cool.

Curious. What is overall vaccination % in Cozumel?

I understand that they are into the 40-49 age group now? Does this mean that older people who want the shots have had them?

Well I think they have registered 40-49. I dont think the scheduled them yet. I think someone said the 50-59 group ran out? I know that people who missed their age were showing up to get it during the next group.

So, yes? Old people had a chance? I would guess there are alot that don't have it yet but might come back later? But I am guessing.

AND, heath care did not get a special place in line.

Curious. What is overall vaccination % in Cozumel?

Well figure 100K in Coz? mas o menos? 2 doses a person? So thats 1/2 of 43,000?

So maybe a little more than 20%?

Maybe be a little more because of people waiting on the second dose?

And it doesn't count those with the means to go to US and get a shot. I know a number of people that did that.

I was talking to a guy who was hesitant to get a shot. He said the gov lies and told me a story about some Governor in the MX who diverted chemo money from kids with cancer and the kids got water shots. So he was concerned the vax shot would just be water.

207128145_4634189896643069_1675149511200230017_n.jpg

Well figure 100K in Coz? mas o menos? 2 doses a person? So thats 1/2 of 43,000?

So maybe a little more than 20%?

Maybe be a little more because of people waiting on the second dose?

And it doesn't count those with the means to go to US and get a shot. I know a number of people that did that.

I was talking to a guy who was hesitant to get a shot. He said the gov lies and told me a story about some Governor in the MX who diverted chemo money from kids with cancer and the kids got water shots. So he was concerned the vax shot would just be water.

View attachment 668419
I have a good friend on the mainland, Puerto Morelos. He is 50, wife in her 40's, mother is 80. None of them has been vaccinated because none of them are willing to be vaccinated. Small sample, but it leads me to believe there is a bunch of vaccine resistance. He half believes that if he gets it, it will just be water. His mother runs him out of her house if he suggests she gets it. His wife says she is going to see what happens to him first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom