Any underwater metal detector users here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick L

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi ive had a JW Fisher 8X for 3 years now.
Havn't used it too much but have found a few good things with it.
chains rings coins anyone else metal detect here?
Rick L

I haven't done any "detecting" but I am very interested in it. There is a bar on a nearby lake. I suspect that many a metal item has fallen in the water and are just waiting for me to pull them out-or I like to imagine that.

Is the Fisher model you have the begginers model of metal detector? I know nothing of the detectors themselves.

Mike

Rick,

I've got two instructor friends who are really into u/w detecting.

If you don't get any answers, PM me with your email address and I'll give you their contact info.

There's another one now, thanks to Santa. Can't wait to start using it. (Should probably read the doc first, eh?)

I metal detect on land and will soon add an underwater detector.

The choice of detector is important and will vary on the type and location of the hunt.

For freshwater a VLF detector is a good choice.
For saltwater a pulse induction machine is a far better choice. The PI will sound off on more junk but will handle the conductive water and sand much better.

One (out of many) good source of information and equipment is Kellyco;
http://www.kellycodetectors.com

Caution, metal detecting can be addictive. You may find yourself spending more and more time and money on it, just like diving. Also like diving you can spend a lot of time learning about it and researching places to go.

michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom