Any Trimix instructors from NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if there are any Trimix instructors that are actively teaching in the NC area?

Wondering if there are any Trimix instructors that are actively teaching in the NC area?

not exactly the location I'd go to for that course... It is a LONG boat ride out to hit the trimix depth wrecks and the weather is too volatile. This is one that I'd head down to Lake Jocassee or to Ft. Lauderdale

Jon with Extended Range is good, but I agree with @tbone1004. You'd be much better off doing trimix training in Lake Jocasse or S. Florida.

Open Circuit? Ummm…. The only person that springs to mind in the Carolinas is Bill at Lake Jocasse.

if you expand to SC there are plenty of us. Bill, Reese at Bermuda Triangle in Greenville, myself, John Baker in Columbia, Dolphi in Greensboro NC. The question is where to go to teach it, and the coast of NC is not the place to do it IMO.

if you expand to SC there are plenty of us. Bill, Reese at Bermuda Triangle in Greenville, myself, John Baker in Columbia, Dolphi in Greensboro NC. The question is where to go to teach it, and the coast of NC is not the place to do it IMO.

It’s early for a Saturday and my mind isn’t as springy yet. I always forget that @tbone1004 is in SC, sorry sir! I’m not sure if John is teaching OC Trimix right now… @stuartv would know. Costal diving in the Mid-Atlantic is so unpredictable. Hard to justify trying to learn deep diving when you might not even get to dive at all.

It’s early for a Saturday and my mind isn’t as springy yet. I always forget that @tbone1004 is in SC, sorry sir! I’m not sure if John is teaching OC Trimix right now… @stuartv would know. Costal diving in the Mid-Atlantic is so unpredictable. Hard to justify trying to learn deep diving when you might not even get to dive at all.

it will be a bit before John is back fully from his accident and no apologies necessary since I don’t really teach to the public.

Open Circuit? Ummm…. The only person that springs to mind in the Carolinas is Bill at Lake Jocasse.

I already spoke to Sinbad offline, but, for the record, no John Baker is not back in the water yet.

But, his wife, Amanda Baker, is a Trimix instructor (and a darn good one, in my opinion). She is teaching at Lake Jocassee regularly.

Also, closer to you, there is Rachel Bart, at Virginia Scuba, and, I think, Scott Sanders, at Submerged Scuba, in Christiansburg, VA. @Jeremy Williams would know better than I, but I think Scott teaches OC Trimix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom