Any tips on installing compressed neoprene/kevlar dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought a pair of the compressed neoprene and kevlar dry gloves in anticipation of doing an ice diving course next month and now I'm looking for some tips on installing them. I've watched the how-to video and looked at the instructions that came with them, but it seems like pushing some of the glove back under the zip ring to get your fingers on both sides of it like in the video would be difficult because of the thickness/stiffness of the neoprene.

Any tips on how to make this as easy as possible to do? Thanks

Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry! You are correct, the stiffness of the neoprene does make it more difficult to install the Zip Neoprene gloves.

The secret is to put your arm in the sleeve of the drysuit, peel the neoprene edge (flap) back on the glove so you are working with the rubber portion. So, for example, left arm in sleeve palm up, right hand holding the glove, right hand fingers folded into rubber portion of glove, right thumb puushed against the left hand fingers that are inside the sleeve. Therefore, you are using both hands pushing against eachother to lock in the Zip.

The other Zip Gloves are easier to install, but the Zip Neoprene does get a little more tricky.

Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Thank you!

Jessica
DUI

Thanks for the info. :)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

My next question is what is the best way to take off the suit with the gloves attached? I've seen the video on your website which is helpful for getting the suit on, but doesn't show the whole process for getting the suit off after. The video skips over taking the neck seal off, suggesting he just took it off normally with the gloves on but I'm worried about trying this and damaging the silicone seal with the rough texture of the kevlar on the palms and fingers. I've already had to replace a seal that lasted only 7 dives (when they tear, wow, they really tear) so I'm a little leary of the durability of them right now. FWIW, I have a signature series CLX450, so not a huge amount of extra room for wiggling in/out of the arms. Thanks in advance

Hello!

Often times, your suit can be removed that same way you put it on, but opposite. Meaning if you put your head in the suit last, you can remove the head first. Reach into the neck seal on opposite sides, grab only the seal (not the neck ring), spread it wide and lift. Be sure that your crotch strap is undone and that all the material of the telescoping torso is brought up...this will help a great deal.

The Kevlar on the palms of the neo gloves should not effect the silicone seals. You are correct, the silicone are not as durable as the latex seals and a little nick in the silicone seal goes a long way. The benefits of silicone are lasts longer against ozone, softer against the neck, tends to seal better without feeling tight, and is great for those having a latex allergy.

Often times, folks that have dry gloves like to remove their arms first and then remove the head from the suit. The ability to do this will depend somewhat on the fit of your suit and if you have room for this. I know you said you have little wiggle room so it may not work, but you can try it. This is how Faith teaches folks to get in and out of their suit with dry gloves at all of our demo events.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you!
Jessica

Back
Top Bottom