Any thoughts or insight as to when Bonaire may reopen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In addition to resuming air traffic, how is the island going to treat incoming travelers? Currently the repatriated citizens are told to lock down/self quarantine for 14 days. Will the same apply to non-residents? If so my next trip will need to be 4-6 weeks, 2 for quarantine + 2 to 4 to dive. As long as internet works, I'm good to go!
There is no information on this, only speculation. My speculation is that it could certainly happen, especially for the earliest-returning visitors.

Lots of reporting today that Aruba is opening to tourists Between 16 June and 1 July. Many precautions around hotel cleanliness and health checks at airports per WHO guidelines. Saint Lucia too, with an added requirement of a negative COVID-19 test. The Miami Herald reports that Bonaire hopes to reopen Flamingo Airport in the same time frame.

Also, Delta has announced it will limit flights to 50-60% of capacity systemwide.

Among others, there are articles on these topics on Caribjournal.com

American Airlines tentatively has a Saturday to/from scheduled starting August 1st.

This says nothing about Bonaire opening it's airport again. This is written from the Netherlands perspective that it is safe to travel to Bonaire.
Yes, and that article also says Bonaire must make its own decision about possible quarantine upon arrival, etc.

I'm still hopeful for August. I'm actually required to take 8 days off work between middle of July and end of August, and I would MUCH rather spend that time shore diving while staying away from other people.

I have a class scheduled on Bonaire for mid September....still hoping to make it...

Back
Top Bottom