Any thoughts or insight as to when Bonaire may reopen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moved our may 30 trip to November. Optimistic for Nov.

The Cayman government has announced closure until September 1.

Would have arrived today and been preparing to toast a sunset...oh well. :daydream:

Would have arrived today and been preparing to toast a sunset...oh well. :daydream:
Bummer. Not much consolation but most of us are in the same boat. Patience and hopefully we all we be diving again and sooner rather than later.

Just traded emails with the local owner where we stay. They remain upbeat about the future but not with any additional official insight. They are content with being safe and enjoying their home without guests. They sent me a video showing their current remodeling projects. Seems to be a theme on the island. Sounds healthy and hopeful. I'm going with that thought for now. :):clearmask:

FB poked me in the eye with this memory today.

bonaire2019.jpg

We were supposed to be there right now also....re booked for May 2021....I have a solo trip set up for mid September but am now thinking about moving that one into spring/summer 2021 also.......

I wouldn’t be too confident about a trip this September. Even if the ports reopen in September it is unlikely tourists will be on the list. In fact we have been told 6 to 9 months out by the Premier a number of times and even then that depends on the conditions in the country the tourists are coming from. US is not high on the list of having a handle on things yet, neither is the UK. We all hope that will change and not only from a tourism standpoint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom