Any Technical Divers in the Halifax Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinkank

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I moved to Halifax in July from BC and have been diving with the Shearwater Scuba Club quite regularly. They are a great group of divers who go out a least once a week usually more. Im really enjoying diving with them but I am also looking at getting into deeper and more complex dives to eventually dive some of the more advanced wrecks in the area.

Basically Im looking for either a buddy to take courses with (advanced nitrox, deco procedures, trimix, etc) or a mentor who can help me progress.

Is there anybody doing that kind of diving these days or do most people shut it down for the winter?

Hi there,

I'm not a technical diver by any means, just an occasional recreational diver, but I would recommend you chat with the guys from Torpedo Rays Scuba. I know they have quite an extensive group of divers who frequent the shop and they also do PADI tec training up to 165'. I'm sure they could help point you in the right direction.

I'm sure a lot of people slow down for the winter but there is usually someone who is willing to go out for a dip.

Cheers,

Matt

Have you looked up Harvey Morash of Louisoburg Scuba Services?

I'm up in Cape Breton working and willing to travel for some dives. I understand your frustration being here in Atlantic Canada and the diving is there just that the people are hard to find. Willing to get wet with you

Have you looked up Harvey Morash of Louisoburg Scuba Services?

Yeah, Ive looked at them as well as COJO diving in Fredericton, its just the 4+ hour drives make doing night/weekend courses/dives a little bit unreasonable. I was hoping to find some people in the HRM. Thanks tho.

The technical community in NS has pretty much died off compared to what was going on in 2002-2006ish Torpedo Rays, as was suggested earlier, is pretty much your only resource in HRM. However it would be very much worth your while to check out Louisbourg Scuba. Harvey is one of the few out there that has walked the talk.

The technical community in NS has pretty much died off compared to what was going on in 2002-2006ish Torpedo Rays, as was suggested earlier, is pretty much your only resource in HRM. However it would be very much worth your while to check out Louisbourg Scuba. Harvey is one of the few out there that has walked the talk.

I second that...if it comes to taking a technical course in our area, Harvey would be the guy...He teaches the NAUI and UTD courses and his courses are well worth the money!

Back
Top Bottom