Any Tech Instructor recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_Bipartitus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm considering starting some Tech classes in the future. I was interested in anyone's recommendations on Tech Instructors / shops in the S.E. Michigan area. I'm thinking I would want to take a non-tech class from the shop this year and get an idea for their teaching staff and the shop. Any experiences or comments about instructors/shops would be cool.

Matt.

P.S. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to start a shop vs. shop war...

I will third Rick as a great instructor, he is a good friend of mine.

I also teach a number of technical courses through my shop, Divers Incorporated and can help you with decisions on courses that can help you with your pre-requisites while learning if we like each other.

Unlike most other classes, the Technical courses that I teach require you to be able to show a level of maturity, team spirit, responsibility and an understanding of the seriousness of the material. Not knowing an individual, I will not enroll them in any technical course without learning more about what makes them tick. In fact, when you sign up for any of our technical courses we will not take more than $100 deposit since we want to easily give you a full refund if, after the first session either of us decide that it won't work. I tend to train my future dive buddies and we do a lot of diving together after they achieve their certifications so It is important to me that we get along.

If you have any questions give me a call or stop in since we are both in Ann Arbor.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom