Any Southern NJ divers dive in freshwater lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rvojr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone dive freshwater lakes in Southern NJ? How would one go about finding appropriate places? I have a feeling most will be boring, shallow and tough to keep distance between a dive flag and boats. I emailed the local fish and wildlife office with no response.

Does anyone dive freshwater lakes in Southern NJ? How would one go about finding appropriate places?

You have to be willing to open up your search. Depending on what you want to see - first google lakes or ponds in NJ then note those in the southern area and do some research such as are you able to SCUBA in those lakes and ponds in southern NJ. The journey is part of the destination - if you dont do any work to find places you will not appreciate the good spots when you find them. :)

Second don't limit where you want to dive in NJ - you may miss opportunities for decent diving spots. Ask for the best viz, deepest, easiest access, no fee, what ever but you have to be willing to travel... That is what I have found - nothing is close and the best near anyone...

An example is Round Valley Reservoir - perhaps the best fresh water spot in NJ. I filmed the below clip.

Thank you for the advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom