Any (somewhat) bombproof UW cams out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've gone through half a dozen various UW cams and they all leaked after a few uses.

What is on the market that will not leak over the short term. Something that will last for a couple dozen dives would be nice.

I was thinking of using an Ikelite housing with a water proof / resistant cam. anyone try that? (My Ikelite PS case also leaked after a few uses.)

I had the ikelite JVC case/video camera package with the waterproof camera but the case never leaked.

A water proof camera does sound like a good choice for you to go with as you seem to be having some sort of bad luck with underwater cameras and that many cases that have failed. Since most floods should be somewhat slow hopefully you can ascend before too much pressure builds up and floods even the waterproof camera.

I've gone through half a dozen various UW cams and they all leaked after a few uses.

What is on the market that will not leak over the short term. Something that will last for a couple dozen dives would be nice.

I have hundreds & hundreds of dives spread out over 5 different housings/rigs, with my main one being an Aquatica, and have never had an issue. If I were you, I would look at an Olympus rig. They have very nice waterproof cameras, that go into their nicely built housings. Even if you flood the housing, the camera is still ok. Not to mention, the cameras themselves are great cameras for both below and above the waterline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom