Any simple plans for a 12v 7ah can?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't believe this.... I figured that instead of buying an acrylic pipe and starting new, I'd just cut down the big cannister that came with my light. Well, I was using a hack saw and at the end, I ended up chipping a little piece off the top where the lid goes. So, I can tell it won't seal. Is there any type of acrylic repair kit out there?

Is there any type of acrylic repair kit out there?
Did ya save the chip? Normal acrylic plastic glue/cememt doesn't lend itself to building up, you'll need to bond a chunk of material back on the offending location.
An epoxy may work with proper surface prep.
At least you have some spare material to test it out on.

By the way, if you need anything from McMaster, give a yell. I'm supposed to be putting in an order pretty soon.
(I'm in Sacto too)

I chipped my canister, as well.

Your best hope is that you can move the clips down on the can and reuse it. I found that a Dremel tool with a cutting disc will more melt it's way thru acrylic, much less traumatic than trying to saw through. If I was going to saw this material, it'd be with a VERY FINE TOOTH hacksaw and go with really light strokes. Acrylic is really hard, lending itself towards chipping. in fact, I think the stickers people put on their can light is for some shock absorbtion! I am considering "wrapping" mine with bumper stickers.

Sanding the top is easy.. put some sandpaper down on the garage floor, and twist the top on top of it: squre, smooth and easy! I use higher grit sandpaper and higher grit until its absolutely smooth.

Back
Top Bottom