Any shops near DFW/FT. Worth have a discover/try scuba class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
I no longer live in Dallas but I would like a good friend of mine to try scuba. He is out of the country for now and I would like to set this up for him. Does anyone know of any shops near the Dallas/Fort. Worth area that do a discover scuba class to let you try it without going through the certification process? I am only familiar with ScubaToys and they don't do it.

Thanks Scott.

I no longer live in Dallas but I would like a good friend of mine to try scuba. He is out of the country for now and I would like to set this up for him. Does anyone know of any shops near the Dallas/Fort. Worth area that do a discover scuba class to let you try it without going through the certification process? I am only familiar with ScubaToys and they don't do it.

Thanks Scott.

Sure we do them! We do them on Fridays a 3 as a standard time, and can customize up something if that doesn't work for them.

Sure we do them! We do them on Fridays a 3 as a standard time, and can customize up something if that doesn't work for them.

I called you guys this morning and the young sounding kid on the phone said no....guess I should have PM'ed you first. Thanks.

What is the cost?

I know that International Scuba in Carrollton also does the discover scuba classes.

Adventure Scuba in Plano does them every Saturday at noon. When there is a special event going on they are often free. That's about quarterly. If you sign up that day they will roll the payment on the DSD into the OW class.

TwoBit

I think most shops in the area will do a Discover Scuba if you simply ask. I don't know about "nada zilch zero" as Joe/Larry says; but I believe any shop will do it for a nominal/low fee. Take your pick. My first suggestion is to look at geographic proximity for convenience. Otherwise. go with Joe/Larry. After all, it's free. I could recommend any shop in the DFW metroplex; but that's just me.

JR
P.S. Please ignore the comments about the aliens. I find it just alienates me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom