Any reviews for the archon d11v-II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Planning on getting 2 video lights to go with my gopro. However I'm still contemplating on what to get, the d11v or v-ii. I like the simple design of the d11v, like less parts to break because its a twisty. But I also like the v-ii because it has higher lumen output but there's not much review on it. I'm mainly concerned about the button switch. Like how it will hold up in the long run. As well as the v-ii is much cheaper than the d11v since the v-ii can be bought for about 42 in aliexpress and the d11v for 48 on fasttech.
Generally I'm just concerned about the push button that archon uses if it will hold up in the long run. Any recommendations?

I have not used either of those lights. I have an Archon DH26. The stated lumen output is very optimistic, in my opinion. I would expect less performance than advertised.

DW

I have two Archon D36V video lights (well, one now - the other is somewhere on the bottom off Panagsama Beach, ~200m depth, my own fault for not securing it properly), one Archon D15VP focus light and one Archon V10S general-purpose torch. All of them have button switches, none gave me any trouble in ~2 years.

I have not used either of those lights. I have an Archon DH26. The stated lumen output is very optimistic, in my opinion. I would expect less performance than advertised.

DW
Yes. I've read that the d11v which is advertised as 860 is actually about 600. The d11v-vii is advertised as 1200 so even if its real lumen is just about 800 I think that's already good right? Unless it would have the same lumen output as the first version then that would be a deal breaker.

I have two Archon D36V video lights (well, one now - the other is somewhere on the bottom off Panagsama Beach, ~200m depth, my own fault for not securing it properly), one Archon D15VP focus light and one Archon V10S general-purpose torch. All of them have button switches, none gave me any trouble in ~2 years.

Great! Sorry about the light though. The d15vp actually looks more like the d11v-ii, similar button and the body looks identical as well so maybe the internals are the same as well, except for the led ofc. Alright. Maybe just a few more feedback from others before I get the v-ii.

Yes. I've read that the d11v which is advertised as 860 is actually about 600. The d11v-vii is advertised as 1200 so even if its real lumen is just about 800 I think that's already good right? Unless it would have the same lumen output as the first version then that would be a deal breaker.

As long as a person is aware, and the lower lumen output does what you need, I see no issues. My DH26 is a decent light. So far, I have not had any malfunctions. Its just not as bright as advertised, which I expected from reading reviews.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom