Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am planning my 2021 dive trip and I have always wanted to dive Bimini & Sea of Cortez. Any recommendations for either would be appreciated. Also I would love to hear about favourite dive destinations to add to my ever growing list.

We booked the Rocio del Mar last year for some clients to the Midriff Islands (Sea of Cortez) and they enjoyed the trip. The Rocio del Mar also does a longer trip from Puerto Penasco all the way to Cabo San Lucas and they hit Cabo Pulmo. Solid ship, great crew and good food. Plus easy to get to for some great dives.

take me

A liveaboard like the Rocio del Mar would probably be the best way to see a lot of the Sea of Cortez.

If you prefer to be land based. I would personally go to Loreto and do my diving out of there with Blue Nation. You can fly into Loreto with Alaska Airlines from Los Angeles, CA:
Blue Nation
Blue Nation - Diving & Snorkeling in the Sea of Cortez

We did RDM Midriff Islands a few years ago. Great crew, solid boat and food. Got my fill of sea lions, if that is possible. Nice snorkeling with whale sharks in a non-zoo environment - reliable, but some patience and work required. Being driven to the boat from Phoenix was nice too.

Thank you for all your comments, I went on the Rocio del Mar to Socorro a few years ago and it was a great trip. Looks like this could be a good option for the Sea of Cortez. What would be the best season to get a good chance of the schooling mobula's and whale sharks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom