Any progress at Aquarena?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anybody been to Aquarena lately who can give an update of work being done? Just curious as I'm 3 1/2 hours away.

They have moved two job trailers to the site. Other than that, the gift shop is locked up and the boats are still running.

Personally I am surprised at the progress that has been made.

OMGLooks like "Diving for Science" might be Diving for BALLS!

Teed off: University (Link)

Im flying to Oak Hill!!!

(From Facebook)
Oak Hill Scuba
I thought the purpose of tearing down the buildings at Aquarena was to restore it to natural landscape like it was in the 1800's. I don't think there was a golf course there back then. Come by the shop and sign our petition to stop this crazyness. Can't make it by the shop? We'll email you a signature page!

Last edited:
I don't see what has your panties in a wad. If they want to move the current shop for the golf course why should the divers care? I probably have a bit better understanding of the place than you do and really don't see a big problem.

I was in SM today and they have a fence around the old park and look to be taking down the awning in front of the old gift shop. The new visitor center is progressing nicely. Call it an opening date in February for the Visitor Center.

Back
Top Bottom