Any plans to create Oceanlog Software for Mac users?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are plans for a whole lot of things. I don't have any specific information on this particular topic - other than that we are very well aware of the demand...

thanks for the vague info... :14:

got an ETA on the "whole lot of things"?

Spatman,

You may want to wait until they get all of the bugs out of the PC version first.

the K

Hi all...

I spent hours trying to get Oceanlog to reliably work via parallels on my IMAC... but even though the drivers would download it wouldn't recognise the computer... then I had trouble getting links on the oceanic website to work... and even on my PC I just couldn't get things to link etc... A forum post on here mentioned MAC DIVE... so off I went to look and it is awesome!! Yes you have to spend some money.. it was about 30$ for a multiple license...but it is the best money I have spent! given I had to pay for parallels anyhow... ! It just works seamlessly with my Datamask and OC1... (yes hoseless I am...)..

You can get all the info in a really easy to use format... even every depth you were at every 30 seconds and temperatures .. how much air exactly ... I shall go on! you can link to google maps and add certifications and your gear. It works out your SAC... etc etc... Brilliant and makes you wonder why oceanic can't get the same drivers and make their's work on a mac. The other advantage is that if you add computers that are not oceanic you just look up mac-dive.com and it gives you the links to the drivers for other manufacturers...!

I hope that helps.. wish I had heard of it sooner!!!!

Thanks zippie. Just checked out the website. Looks awesome. Much better than the crappy ocean log pc software. Another reason why i love my macbook.

Fuzfuz

So I have a VT4.0 that I love. I have my Mac that I love. I paid for and set up MacDive. USB drivers work great and it downloads just fine. I have downloaded and logged our first 4 dives for my VT4.0 and my daughter's Veo 2.0. I like the way you can manage equipment, locations and most everything about our dives. MacDive works great.

One question... how can I install the new VT4.0 firmware update with a Mac?

I wasted my time to instal Oceanlog 2.0 on my PC running Win 7 at work and when attempting to update the firmware I get the error, "An error occurred trying to locate the update". I was able to load my info into the VT4.0 using Oceanlog 2.0 and didn't see a way to do that with MacDive. Any ideas? Thx

Dive Log 5.0 is pretty good...don't know about the Mac version, but I've heard good things.

Back
Top Bottom