Any Other Harley Davidson Riders on the Board??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SterlingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I pulled out my springer softail from it's winter sleep yesterday. Started right up, besides a little dust/dirt and a low front tire everything is in great shape.

I put on a beanie cap and my goggles and got a nice ride in (58 degrees F). Woke up this morning to two inches of snow on the ground. I guess I was a little premature getting it out, but it sure was fun.

Any other HD riders on the board?? Riding here in Utah is fantastic 7 months a year. Alpine mountains, painted deserts, red rock, and winding canyons. I go into withdrawls during winter or go on a good dive trip to compensate.

So what do you ride and where have been on your bike??

Dave

Back in Wisconsin the "January thaw" would have the hawg riders out in swarms. I usually had mine in tiny pieces yet, just had to keep the rebuilding thing going on.
Built from various basket cases it was mostly '36 & '39 - punched out to 92 cubes, I could pull hay wagons or rip/burn a 2" deep groove in the asphalt.
One year it was burning so much oil that it kept running after the gas was shut off. One ring (which sprinkled out in pieces when I pulled the jug) was in 13 pieces.
Now... where's my duct tape, time for another tune up. :wink:

Just got back from a 2 hour afternoon ride.
I ride most all year, except for huricanes. lol

2002 Road King, see profile pic.

Boston to Madison (to register new bike) & back on an 85 softtail.
Basiclly the entire east coasy from KeyWest to Bangor Maine.

I sold my '93 Sportster a few years ago, and I regret it everytime the weather and temperature are perfect for riding...

My next one will probably be a soft tail. I love the look of those bikes.

Scott

80 lowrider............sits in the garage most of the time, all my bro's have moved or gone on to other things. It cries everytime I open the door and walk by it.

Can I count a '96 Buell S2T as a Harley? This was still handmade before Harley bought them out, but it has a 1200 sporty as its heart.

Someday, when I move to warmer climes..............

Waiting for the salt and snow remnants to get of the road.

.......there is a few of us. Bob sounds like you have a project on your hands. Could be a alot of fun if you can get together.

Little more sunshine today hopefully we will have some additional opportunities to ride.

BTW, I am off to Utila on business this weekend and plan to get a few dives in.

Happy Riding and Diving,

Dave

Bringing my '02 road King Classic in for new tires and service on Friday. that will be my first fide since December.

I've got a '02 road king police that gets ridden every day it's not raining. now I need a trailer so I can haul my dive gear too...

Back
Top Bottom