Any opinions on where to stay in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deke

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I have been staying at Buddy Dive's in January for the past 4 years and are thinking about trying something with at least as good of a dive operation but with better accomadations. Can anyone offer their experiences or opinions with other resorts? Thanks.

You may find better accomidations or an equal dive op but I doubt you will find both at the same place. The Plaza and Harbor Village are you choices for a nicer place. You can always stay somewhere else and use Buddy as your dive op.

The Plaza and Habor are good choices as you have been told. I also like Habitat in a delux room that is next to the pool. You might give Curacao a try. I love sunset waters and for upscale the newer Kura Hulunda Lodge is wonderful. Both are remote resorts. Sunset is all inclusive and the food is good, the beach is big, the dive shop is great, and the staff at the hotel is wonderful.
The diving on the east end of curacao is great. It is just like Bonaire for shore diving too!

Divergirl 50,

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with you about the Kura Hurlanda lodge, we stayed there last March and had a really great time although it is a bit pricey but then you get what you pay for. We're just looking to go upscale from Buddy dive a little in terms of the accomodations. I've read reviews on the Habitat next door and there are a lot of comments about it being run down, having a staff that's not attentive, etc. Any comments on that based on your experiences?

If it's you want to be right on the water, I would also look at Eden Beach. They have a really nice beach, Bongos bar, Brisa del Mar Restaurant, Wannadive Dive Shop, a new gym that opened up....

Liz

We stayed at the Plaza and it was very nice. Also very quiet (some complain about the jet noise, but I did not notice). They have a very nice beach and a large pool. The house reef (18th palm) is a good dive, which we did several times. We also prefered the Toucan diving operations over Buddy's, not that we had any problems with Buddy's. I will say that the diving entry at Buddy's was easier than at the Plaza. Basically if you are in Bonaire, diving, and not at work then you are doing good... wishing I was there right now.

Last January I stayed at the Divi Flamingo and thought it was great. The house reef is nice, and the DMs and the shop seemed top notch. There's a small restaurant on site and walking into town takes 5 minutes. I would recommend it.

We spent 10 days at Den Laman in May Den Laman Condominiums Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles, Dutch Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed the brand new units, with modern conveniences, including AC. Excellent restaurant on premises, great people working there, very friendly and helpful. Dove with Bonaire Dive and Adventure Bonaire Dive and Adventure Very convenient, just across the sidewalk from Den Laman, and very competent staff. It's not as big of an operation as Buddy's, with one dock for boats and divers. The pool is at the adjacent Sand Dollar complex, but we never used it. We thoroughly enjoyed shore diving on Boniare. I haven't edited my UW shots yet, but here are above ground: honeymoon2 : photos : Bonaire 2007 - powered by SmugMug

Cheers, alashas honeymoon2's photos - powered by SmugMug

Back
Top Bottom