Any one been to Utila Lately

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris maccubbin

Registered
Reaction score
Any feed back from Utila would be nice, I will be arriving there on Sept 4th. (after a long delay here in the states!) Anybody have any experience with Utila Dive Center? Good OR bad.

We go to Roatan every year. There's always 1 or more people at CoCo View Resort who have been to Utila. They usually are doing 1 week at CCV and 1 week at Utila Lodge. Both the Lodge and the diving always gets thumbs up.

Can't really say about Utila Dive Center but nothing really bad stands out!

I worked for 7 months at Bay Island College of Diving which is owned by Utila Lodge, and Utila Dive Center had a bit of a history of drug use amongst some of the staff but have been told they have cleaned the place up. My best advice is not to jump at the lowest price, but go to each shop look at the programs check out the equipment and air fill station and dive boats then go where your most comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom