Any Ohio Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeeC

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have always wanted to dive, however when I was younger I did not know it was relatively inexpensive to get in to diving. Now many years later I am doing a lot of stuff that I should have done when I was younger but thought it was expensive. With that I leave you with the question of are there any divers in Ohio that are experienced that don't mind a rookie going with them? My certification is planned for late May early June. Weekends is all I have available. I do plan on spending every free moment in the water.

Hey LeeC, I'm in the Cincinnati area and am always looking for a dive. I go to natural springs whenever I can.

LeeC... Go check out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew. Lots of Ohio divers around. We have a spring Meet and Great coming up in a couple weeks at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio. Great time to meet other local divers. The group also has a facebook page that is pretty active if you are interested as well! Welcome to the diving world and community!

I have always wanted to dive, however when I was younger I did not know it was relatively inexpensive to get in to diving. Now many years later I am doing a lot of stuff that I should have done when I was younger but thought it was expensive. With that I leave you with the question of are there any divers in Ohio that are experienced that don't mind a rookie going with them? My certification is planned for late May early June. Weekends is all I have available. I do plan on spending every free moment in the water.
Hi, I would love to go diving with you sometime, especially since you are new. Please send me a message when you can.

I am in Columbus and have a boat at Lake Erie. Would love to do some diving up on the lake next summer.

I'm in Cincinnati. Relatively new to diving. I'm headed up to Gilboa to complete my AOW/EAN/Drysuit checkout dives Saturday and Sunday. I know the season is coming to an end soon but I would like to keep building my experience and furthering my knowledge in scuba diving as much as possible! It's the funnest thing I've ever done!

Last edited:
Those damn Buckeyes keep diving into the end Zone!! Does that count? For those reading this in the future, Ohio State is playing OU as I type and ahead 35-17 just before the half. Just saw the most amazing catch for a touchdown I've ever seen. Receiver catches the ball behind the defensive ends back...basically hugging him, falls in bounds still holding the ball behind the ends back....... Glad I didn't put money on this one. Looks like I owe y'all this......OH...

Hope your diving is going well! If you ever make it to Oklahoma, I can take you on a fabulous Okie Muck dive. Just like the Carribbean.....without the visability, warm water, interesting aquatic life, tropical island life, beautiful reefs, or availability of Bohemia Obscura(the worlds greatest beer). Other than those minor differences...its just like the Carribbean.

Jay

Lol I guess when you look at it that way our diving here in Ohio is just like the Caribbean too!

Ps
Go BUCKEYES!

I know this is a little late, but I just got certified in Ohio and would love to find a dive buddy in the area. I'm a college student in Dayton looking to do some quarry and wreck dives. Hoping to have 30 dives in before my advanced class next fall.

I live in South Dayton and Bowling Green for college. I may be home this summer, if you remind me I will hit you up if and when I go.

Back
Top Bottom