Any news of damage from typhoon Melor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allison Finch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I leave tomorrow (Wed the 16th) for the Philippines. I am going first to the dumaguete area which didn't get much of the storm. But, then I am going to Crystal Blue resort in Anilao. They were ground zero for Melor. They are right on the water and they were expecting a big storm surge.

Does anyone have news about the damage they received?

Anilao / Batangas is under storm signal #2 right now. From what I've heard from friends there, and in Manila, they have heavy rain. Here in Subic it's light, constant rain all day.

You had better ask the resort directly. Destruction from the typhoon would not only be a function of the storm surge, but also just how close to the exact track your resort is: the track can be astoundingly narrow. Also depends how well constructed the buildings are and how well people prepared. Pictures from Mindoro, across the channel, show some sad damage: and the typical resilient Filipino quick cleanup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom