Any Miami to Bahamas Bank and Cay Sal liveaboards anymore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ConchyJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I remember M/V Sea Fever, but I can't seem to find anything on them.

Any other liveaboards do anything like this?

The Juliet?

Thanks Mark, I have know Jim for years, as I grew up in Palm Beach and my Mom and Dad were dive instructors for many years. I did show my bride his trips, and she is more of a rec diver(100 dives) -vs- more specific shark diving, and voted down diving with Jim. It is an awesome boat and operation though.

---------- Post added ----------

The Juliet?

Thanks, nice boat.

I think I should qualify a little more. Our thoughts were to get to Miami/Fort Lauderdale easily by driving/flying, and hope a boat to the Bahamas. Right now the only reasonable flights are to Nassau, so AquaCat seems the only option, and I will looking for a little more out of the way.

The times we can go diving, Juliet is in TCI.

Thanks Mark, I have know Jim for years, as I grew up in Palm Beach and my Mom and Dad were dive instructors for many years. I did show my bride his trips, and she is more of a rec diver(100 dives) -vs- more specific shark diving, and voted down diving with Jim. It is an awesome boat and operation though.

---------- Post added ----------

Thanks, nice boat.

I think I should qualify a little more. Our thoughts were to get to Miami/Fort Lauderdale easily by driving/flying, and hope a boat to the Bahamas. Right now the only reasonable flights are to Nassau, so AquaCat seems the only option, and I will looking for a little more out of the way.

The times we can go diving, Juliet is in TCI.

If you are driving, you come to West Palm ( Jim Abernethy Scuba Adventures), long before Miami/fort Lauderdale. Drive from West Palm Beach International Airport, to Abernethy liveaboard, is about 15 minutes.

Wait for a little while. A new boat may be joining that market soon.... :D

I remember M/V Sea Fever, but I can't seem to find anything on them.

Any other liveaboards do anything like this?
I did the Sea Fever with owner/Captain Tommy Gaurino a vouple times out of Miami to the Exumas and also twice to the Cay Sal Banks. Fast 3 screw boat. I haven't even heard of the boat in over 10 years.

I did the Sea Fever with owner/Captain Tommy Gaurino a vouple times out of Miami to the Exumas and also twice to the Cay Sal Banks. Fast 3 screw boat. I haven't even heard of the boat in over 10 years.
Sold to a treasure hunter from Boston, renamed Son Worshipper. I haven’t heard anything about her in 15 years. They were working in the DR.

Do you know of any liveaboards currently going to Cay Sal Banks?

No. It's too hard/expensive to get there if following new Bahamian laws.

Back
Top Bottom