Any interest in a REEF ID Class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
A few years back, despite the challenges of mother nature, we put together a REEF ID Class that concluded with shore and boat dives to put the REEF ID skills to use doing a fish count.

Is there interest among the Conch-populace in creating such a class again? Also, would it be wise to do a regional class? I know SE FL would have different fishes or populations of fishes than say Tampa or Destin.

Thoughts?

That would be a great addition to Invade the Keys 2009.

Note the presumtion in that statement because while I can't make it down this year, I'm already setting aside time for next year under the assumption it will happen.

I'd be up for that class!

I'll have my wife contact REEF and start figuring out what we can do to get some classes together.

Adding it to ITK could be possible. I'll see how the planners of it receive the idea :)

I've got boats on both coasts and the keys which would be friendly to accommodating the reef dive portion of that.

We had fun several years ago when we dodged all the weather. I'm ready to do it again. I just need enough advance notice to make sure I don't have any classes scheduled for that weekend.

Sounds like fun! Maybe afterwards I'll be able to actually give names to some of those things I've been taking pictures of...

Count me in!

>*< Fritz

I would love to do this, but I'm about a six hour flight (including layover) from FLL or MIA, so I need plenty of advance notice. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom