Any info on decent diving prices in Puerto Rico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only all of the dive shops that I’ve been able to find online in Puerto Rico charge around 50-60 bucks a dive. I plan on staying two weeks and diving a minimum of two times a day so I really can’t afford that much per dive (14 days x 2 dives @ 50 = $1400).

Follow up questions.

1.) Did you contact any of the dive shops, or find on their website, figures for multi-day package deals? At other destinations I've seen price breaks for that.

2.) Have you checked to see if any of those dive shops offer over 2 dives/day? Not all op.s at all destinations do, and you said 'minimum of two' per day. Just want to make sure your minimum ain't your max.!

3.) Factor in other contributors to total trip cost. Might it be worthwhile to shorten your trip to get the diving in you want? Your dive cost may be higher but your airfare is cheap. For a Bonaire shore diving trip, the opposite would be true.

4.) Will you need a rental vehicle, and CDW insurance? That can run up costs.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom