Any Herpers Here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CraigAClark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just curious to see if anyone keeps reptiles/amphibians as a hobby?

Craig

I've had a small turtle for 4 years now :turtle: Does that count? :D

White's tree frogs (2), Western Chorus Frog (1)

Kim,
Absolutely!:)

rookers,
Excellent, we have kept dart frogs in the past! My first and formost love is emerald tree boas. I guess I can boast a little with some pics.

This is Rica, one of our northerns.
poised.jpg

This is Antonella, a beautiful basin.
pattern%20tongue%20up.jpg

Craig

:shocked:

sorry, first i thought you were talking aboot a std!!

my only neice, almitychild, who is now 14.5yrs (the half is important apparenlty) has a pet python named Chloe and a handful of creepy lizards

part of me is glad she isnt too much of a princess, the other part wishes she didnt sleep with a snake in her room!

this pic is aboot 2yrs old
snake3.jpg

Carpet Pythons are excellent! Is the lizard a Bearded Dragon? I know Aus has been closed to export since the '70's, but there is talk of reopening for the pet trade. We have learned a lot since then and tend to desire captive bred animals that don't effect the native populations! Beautiful niece and python! :). I hope my grand-daughters will become interested in herps!

Craig

i dont think its a bearded lizard... but its a big tank with about 2 or 3 of them in there and she feds them crickets (which is a heck of alot better than the dead mice in her dads beer fridge she keeps for Chloe)

she (the family) had to get a license from national parks for the reptiles

I have inherited a leopard gecko, frim my wonderful boys who begged and begged for the thing. It sheds every freakin' time I feed it the squirmy meal worms.

YUCK!!!!!

At least with bearded dragons (my brother had those when I was growing up)it was fun to watch them hunt down the crickets! :rofl3::rofl3:

Does living with an unknown number and kinds of geckos count? They feed themselves thank goodness, seem to have specific territories but crap everywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom