Any good wreck shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junior diver

Reaction score
Any good wreck shore dives, i don't have a wreck certification as i am not old enough however i would like to go on a wreck dive which has alot to see on the outside, not inside

Where abouts are you looking at diving? In the UK or abroad?
If no-one can recommend a place here, your best bet would be to go to a local dive club near where you want to go diving and they'll be able to give you the best recommendations for your level of experience and what you want to see.

in the UK, i tried the LDS but they only say the good wrecks are boat dives, im trying to find one suitable for a shore/kayak/dingy dive as i pay for all my diving myself and for a kid with no job, thats pretty hard, so i have to do cheap dives

I highly recommend the James Eagan Layne in Whitsands Bay, Cornwall/Devon. It's about 600m West of the new Scylla wreck. The Eagan Layne has FANTASTIC corals on it, and anemones, starfish, wrasse, pollack, eels, crabs, etc... It's absolutely beautiful. I know a dive centre (in Plymouth, Devon) where you can get a boat dive for only £15, and an air fill for £3. They also do regular dive shuttles on the Scylla... But I'd leave that for a bit if I was you, there's not much on it yet but algae! I wouldn't say the Eagan Layne is accesible from the shore.

Also, the Eagan Layne is a VERY open wreck, you can swim through it easily, you don't really swim 'in' it so much as 'through' it... But it is COVERED with marine life and I'd highly recommend it. One of my favourite dive sites for sure!

If you want to know the name of the dive centre, send me a pm... Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom